- Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Stationery
- Save the Date
- Wedding Thank You Cards
- Upload Own Design
- Contact Us
How to choose perfect location for a wedding in Ireland.
Your choice of venue for a wedding is an important one but cannot really be decided upon until you have narrowed down the number of guests you will have at your wedding and of course your budget.
Many couples make the mistake of falling in love with wedding venues or have in their mind a picture of perfect wedding locations but before you make your choice some practical questions have to be asked and decisions made.
- Are you looking for wedding venues which will be able to accommodate the ceremony and reception or would you prefer two separate wedding locations?
- Does the wedding venue fit in with your style and colour theme or will extra money have to be spent on décor and flowers?
- Is there availability for your chosen time period? Many good venues for a wedding in Ireland are likely to be booked out for up to two years in advance.
- What is included in the price? Are basic services provided such as food, drinks, staff, room hire, flowers or are extras included such as music, entertainment, speakers and wedding cake? Make sure before you book there are no hidden extra charges.
Do they have an in-house catering facility? If so make sure you have a chance to taste the food before confirming the booking. Many menus may sound divine but the real test is whether the food tastes good and will suit the palate of you and your wedding guests.
- What is the booking and payment procedure and is there a cancellation charge? This is important as when you are planning a wedding many things can change.
- Are there any limitations with regards to the wedding venue i.e. décor of the room - are candles allowed and open flames, are children allowed and if so is there a time curfew, is there a dress policy anywhere in the venue which guests must adhere to etc
- If the venue you have chosen is outdoors (and this may be rare for an Irish wedding) make sure there is an alternative if the sun doesn’t happen to be shining on your wedding day.
Before finalising the details of your wedding venue make sure you have everything in writing. You want to be able to read through all the information and be sure you are clear what is included to avoid any confusion at a later date.